Sunday, December 19, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

One of the many perks of being a teacher (no, I'm not going to say the 2 weeks off work I get during Christmas) is getting hooked up at Christmas time with gifts from your students. The school I work at definitely has some very generous families. Starting on the Monday of the last week before break, the gifts start piling in. Most students bring their gift on Friday, and I feel like it is a scene out of the movie Christmas Story, where all the students bring their gift up to their teacher's desk. It's a little different for me, in that I stand at the door to greet my students, and they just start handing gifts off to me right there at the door.

Chocolate. Well, every year has a different variety, so I thought I would share some of my 2010 Christmas gifts from my students. The theme for this year was definitely chocolate. Take a look at my stash of chocolate. I added it up, and I received over six pounds of chocolate.
Gift Cards. The next runner up was coffee gift cards. That is usually pretty common, but last year I got tons of Target gift cards, so I was getting a little excited about that since Target is my favorite store! I did get two Target gift cards, but Peet's and Starbucks were the winners. Some of my students like to be a little more creative in their gift card giving, so I also got a gift card to Bebe, The Elephant Bar, etc
Please also note the electric plug in travel coffee mug

Jewelry. Middle school students are really into giving jewelry to their teachers. This year I received a pearl necklace, and a home made earring and necklace set. However, none of these compare to the necklace I received two years ago. One of my all time favorite gifts.Home decor. This is where it starts getting fun! A few candles, some great soaps from Bath & Body Works, coasters, a crystal mantel cloak, green beaded pillow case covers, and a Taj Mahal :)


And a quick look at all the home decor I received this year is below...Whatever this Christmas season brings you in gifts, I hope you remember the greatest gift of all, Jesus Christ. Wishing you a very blessed Merry Christmas!

No comments: