Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"The Loop"

If you know my family, you know that we are all very close. I can't recall a time when I ever fought with my parents. My sisters and I had small squabbles when we were younger, but we were always great friends. To this day, I consider my sisters as two of my very best friends.

When my sisters and I each graduated from college, we all moved back home for a period of time. But, then we of course each eventually moved out. My two sisters have always lived within a few miles of my parent's house. But I...I moved almost 20 miles away! Not only was it required to take the freeway to my place from my parents, but you had to go on TWO different freeways, which is practically forbidden in my mother's book! In the year and a half that I lived there, my mom came over three times: once to move me in, once to move me out, and one time to pick me up on the way to my grandmas! The line was that I had moved outside of 'the loop!' Even Jason was living in the loop for over half our relationship since he move in with my sister almost a year before we got married.

My parent's house - where I grew up

Well, I can now say that I am officially back in 'the loop.' Here is how the loop works: from our place to my sister Mel's it is 2.3 miles (about a 5 minute drive). From my sister Mel's house to my parents it is 1.2 miles (about a 3 minute drive). From my parents to my sister Elyse's place it is 2.9 miles (about a 7-8 minute drive). Then to complete the loop (which is almost a perfect circle), from Elyse's back to our place it is 2.5 miles (about 5 minutes). My mom officially has her three daughters all within 5 miles or less and no freeways are needed to get to any of us! We are all in three different zip codes, but they are all adjoining zip codes, so it works. She sure is one happy mother!

No comments: