Friday, June 17, 2011

SuMmEr is HeRe!

Officially one week into summer, and I must say, it has been wonderful! I was initially freaking out a bit about summer because I really had no plans. I know that sounds strange to most people, but I like to be busy, to have something to do, to feel productive. With wedding planning for six months, I especially got used to being super busy and always having something to do. So, when all that ended, I really didn't know what to do with myself...and I was still working at the time! However, with the first week of summer winding up, I have found plenty of things to keep me busy and am not too worried about the weeks to come!

Summer was kicked off with the usual end of the school year gifts
from students. Lots of gift cards to Starbucks and then a few fun ones thrown in the mix (Macy's, Target, movie dollars, Barnes and Noble). Remember my post during Christmas about some of the unique gifts I received? Well, I think I got a winner this year. Check it out...

A frozen Indian dinner with an Indian yogurt shake to go with it. Definitely different!

Jason and I had a fun, but relaxing weekend - we went to Berkeley on Saturday afternoon for Brazilian food. Amazing. (More to come on our crazy food adventures). We then went and saw the movie Bridesmaids. If you haven't seen - go! Hilarious and maybe worth the $22 it costs for two to go to the movies (thankful for movie dollars!)

On Monday and Tuesday, my mom and I went to visit my grandma in the Central Valley. She's still going strong at 99 and only has four months to go until she hits triple digits! She didn't come up for the wedding, so I brought the wedding to her and showed her the video and lots of pictures. I was also able to meet my cousin's baby...who was born on my birthday. My uncle and I also share the same birthday, so in one family, we have three February 7th birthdays! Pretty cool!

My uncle Denis (2.7.41), with his niece (me - 2.7.84) and his grandson (Max - 2.7.11)

Yesterday I was able to meet up with my college roommate of four years for some shopping in Corte Madera out by Marin. Such a fun day and so excited to have her back from Seattle and living in CA again!

I'm really excited about this summer. Last summer was so busy with tons of trips every week or two. This summer will be a great mix of working (I'm tutoring lots), relaxing, and a few fun little trips planned to Tahoe and SLO. And, I haven't forgotten about my '30 before 30' - planning on checking off some of my reading. Chronicles of Narnia is currently in progress...then off to the classics!

Happy Summer!

No comments: