Sunday, June 23, 2013

Welcoming Summer

Ah, sweet, sweet summer.
So good to have you here.

It was definitely a different year of teaching.
I started the school year off almost 36 weeks pregnant, taught for 3.5 weeks, and then went on maternity leave for 8 weeks.
It was hard to come back and reestablish a classroom when my students had spent almost three times the time with my long-term sub as they had with me.

In addition to that, I went part-time this year.
I am absolutely so thankful that I was able to do this (and will be able to continuing doing it), but it's an adjustment to not be at school full time.
I had to bring home a lot more grading than in the past...and with more on my plate at home now, it was a year of figuring out the balancing act.
Full-time teachers and mommies, props to you!
I had a great group of students this year though, which helped with all the transitions.

A student gave me this sign as an end of the year gift a few years ago and it cracks me up.
Not the only reasons for teaching, but definitely three perks to teaching.

June, July, and August are extra special for me this summer because it means that I get to be a full-time mommy.
I've thoroughly enjoyed my first week of summer.

Here are the highlights so far:

Jack and I are enjoying our summer mornings together.

Along with lots of playtime together.

On Wednesday we went to the fair with the cousins.



I love the progression of these 4 pictures above.
Jack is already beating up on his older cousin.

My sister hosted a Pioneer Woman Potluck on Thursday.
Sounds a little wild with the blueberries, but it was actually really good!

And we've resumed our summer lunch dates with daddy.

This weekend the youth pastor at our church got married in the woods a few hours from where we live. Like, their ceremony was literally in a meadow.
So fun!

We spent the rest of the weekend with Jason's grandparents, who live an hour from where the wedding was.

Looking forward to many more weeks of summer ahead!

1 comment:

Tegan | Celebrate Twelve13 said...

I love the progression pics of Jack and Luke. :) They are so cute!