Wednesday, April 17, 2013

College Mini-Reunion

This past weekend I had a college mini-reunion (as we called it) with some of my besties from college at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA.
Oh, the college days.
Weren't they the best?!
We did lots of reminiscing. 
I think the friendships you make and have during college have to be some of the sweetest.
I mean, isn't college about just hanging out with people all the time?
(Maybe not ALL the time for me because I was a big dork and studied a lot, but still)
For four years, you get to live with your friends.
The bonds I formed with my college friends are for a life-time and can't be compared with any friendships I've formed since college.

I had the amazing blessing of meeting great girls my freshman year. 
My dorm roommate who I was paired with ended up being the one I shared a room with for the rest of college.
We were both in each others weddings.
We still hangout often and our husbands are great friends, too.

The girls that lived on each side of us in the dorm, along with a few across the hall, would all come to be my housemates for the next three years.

We lived in this AWESOME Victorian for the three years after the dorms. 
There were seven of us that lived in the main house and two in the side unit.
The five of us that lived upstairs lived there all three years, while the bottom room and side unit changed every year.

Five of our best friends lived a few houses down on the same street.
So fun!

So the five of us from the top floor of my house and the five girls who lived down the street have all kept in touch since we graduated college seven years ago.

We did our first formal reunion this weekend (normally we see each other in smaller groups or at weddings or showers).

It's so special how you can always just pick up right where you left off...even if we have been living in different towns for the past seven years.

My roommate from college lives right by wine country, so she hosted us for the weekend.

We started off with lunch at the local general store.
Then we headed to three different wineries and had so much fun wine tasting.
{Thankful for Taylor for all the pics, who has and always will be our group photographer...and historian to help us remember all the good times we've had}
These amazing views didn't hurt, either.

At two of the three wineries, the people we asked to take our picture had a lot of fun with their job.
The first girl wanted us to act like we just saw a bear. And then act surprised. Here is our surprised shot.
At the second winery, the guy wanted us to do our best 'blue steel'.
We went with it.
And nothing is more fun than some comparison pics from a wine tasting trip our last year of college.
We had a relaxing evening in, watching a video slideshow of pictures from our college years that Taylor (group photographer/historian) had given each of us when we graduated. 
So fun to laugh at ourselves and reminisce over all the memories we've shared.
Can't wait for our next reunion!

1 comment:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

So fun! You totally scored with college roommates & a sweet house to live in. Also....I want to go to Sonoma!!!