Friday, April 19, 2013

Jack: 7 Months Old

I have a love/hate relationship with these posts.
I love writing about Jack's updates each month and looking back on the month and seeing how he has changed.
But, I cringe every time I have to write out the next month number.
7 Months!
I think I will cry when I write 12 months because in my mind he won't be a baby anymore.
Let's not jump the gun, though. 
Still got a baby here.
  Jack, as always, continues to grow and change in leaps and bounds!
As of 6 months and a few days, he has been sitting up like a pro.
He is still perfecting his crawling form, but can get up on his knees and hands and take a stride or two.
Then he falls back down on his belly and army crawls to where he wants to go.
About two weeks ago, he also started pulling himself up to sit (from a laying down position).
And, our little man has some teeth now!
I didn't even know they were coming in until my mom pointed it out to me. (Mommy fail - but the kid has the smallest mouth ever so it's hard to ever see them).
So, we've got the bottom two teeth.
After a rough first two weeks of starting solids, Jack is now an eating machine!
Loves his food! 
Greens are not his favorites, but he loves fruits (apples, pears, & bananas), sweet potatoes, and squash.
Pretty sure our food bill is going to be ridiculous feeding this boy and his dad! 
(The main reason why I'm praying our next is a girl...we can't afford the food budget of another boy).
 
Here are Jack's Facts at 7 Months:
Height: 27.5 in (55th percentile)
Head Circumference: 17.75 in (65th percentile)
Clothing Size: 6 & 9 Month
Diaper Size: 3
Eating: 2 solid meals a day (lunch and dinner); Nursing every 3-4 hours
Sleeping: 11-13 hours at night (still waking after 7-9 hours to nurse). Typically goes down around 6 and wakes up around 6 or 7.
Firsts: 2 front teeth; pulling up to a sitting position; standing (with the support of something)
Likes: Bath time; moving around
Dislikes: Loud noises; the vacuum; change (just like his mama)
 
And, here is a comparison of Jack at different month stages.
Crazy to see how different he looks at each month (and definitely glad he cutened up a bit since that first mouth...yikes!)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Love seeing your monthly updates! Don't want to burst your bubble, but my teenage daughter eats just like a teenage boy! She's very athletic (and trim) and I can't keep enough food in the house for her...it's shocking! And all her sports friends are the same way...so good luck : )